An exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible and collaborative environment with the global leader in the luxury yachting and lifestyle industry. Two-time winner of The South Florida Business Journal’s Best Places to Work award and named by the Sun Sentinel as a Top Workplace, Northrop & Johnson offers a positive, inclusive culture, with life/work balance, great benefits and management that cares. Situated in a superyacht marina, N&J offers cool, modern offices in a fun and creative atmosphere
As the Social Media Manager at Northrop & Johnson, your voyage is set to amplify our brand’s presence across the digital seas. Your helm at our social media command will enhance our digital sails and fine-tune our message on the vast online ocean. Your role is pivotal in ensuring that our content does not just drift aimlessly but makes meaningful waves with our target audience, from luxury seekers to maritime enthusiasts.
Your charted course involves strategic navigation and the deployment of innovative tactics to captivate potential clients, influential figures, and yachting enthusiasts around the globe. With your expertise, you will be the beacon that connects our esteemed brand with our audience, creating enduring bonds that elevate our prestige and strengthen our position in the luxury yachting market.
If you have ever considered what it would be like to work in a stable, fun, and exciting environment while interacting with TRUE LEADERS in the luxury industry, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!
- Set up social media strategies and create campaigns for all social media content on relevant channels (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter aka “X”, Pinterest & TikTok), for both paid and organic posts, including regular yacht communications and promotion of all departments and corporate material.
- Create and maintain the social media calendar across all platforms and ensure thorough and timely coverage for all yachts, services, and events throughout the year.
- Propose and manage budgets for paid campaigns across all channels.
- Conceive and create winning visuals for posts and advertising campaigns, including banners and video editing.
- Provide best practices for posting content, imagery, video, and timing. Stay up to date on algorithms, tech/tricks for greater reach and engagement and adapt strategies accordingly.
- Analyze all results, interpret the data, and provide regular reporting to senior management on key progress (reach, engagement, ROI etc.), weaknesses and strategic ideas for business development.
- Write quality content with the aim of generating maximum engagement.
- Connect with one or more social media communities worldwide and gain constant updates and insights on social media platform developments, algorithm updates and how to react to them, new technology/software/platforms and how to use them to boost social media engagement.
- Create “lookalike” and custom audiences, experiment and test creative campaigns and images, and research the latest tools and resources throughout the social media landscape.
- Other duties as assigned
MARKETING SUPPORT SERVICES:
- Work closely with the brokers and staff on an ad hoc basis when required for specific projects/clients, especially with the yacht, website, PR, and the events teams.
- The candidate may also be required to perform other ad hoc marketing duties.
Create best practice landing pages for conversions to drive clients from social media campaigns to measurably increase client engagement and generate more goal completions. Liaise with SEO team as required to ensure consistency in strategy, targeting and keywords and monitor success, and create digital banners as required for advertising opportunities.
- 3-5 years experience in marketing, with at least 3 years experience in social media marketing (strategy and implementation), preferably with yachting or luxury services and be able to demonstrate results of previous campaigns.
- Proven knowledge and experience in creating and delivering stand-out, original and winning social campaigns, both short and long-term, for luxury brands.
- Proven experience and a solid understanding of how to write content that wins engagement and the differences required for different channels.
- Proven knowledge and experience in paid social and targeted/profiled social media activations.
- Proven experience and knowledge of capturing video/photo content on their own to the standards required for a world-leading organization.
- Proven knowledge and experience in tracking the performance of posts across all platforms and reporting on posts and trends as part of the ongoing and overall strategic insight and evaluation for all platforms.
- Experience in design, development & management of well-designed landing pages to optimize conversions from social media.
- Proven basic video & photo editing experience for optimizing existing non-formatted video and photo collateral for social media.
- Good understanding of SEO, keywords, and digital and social media strategies to drive engagement and lead generation for the luxury market as well as applications to manage, automate and analyze them.
- Excellent copyrighting skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge of Project Management Software.
- Good knowledge of Content Scheduling and Content Management Software.
- Excellent communication skills and adept at working both as a team and autonomously.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure, extremely well organized, able to multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards.
- Fluent in English in both verbal and written communications.
- Other languages would be a bonus (French)
- Valid US Driver’s License required.
- Moderate Business Travel (US & International) Required.
Back to Careers