Once you have made a decision to purchase a yacht, the next step is to determine exactly what type of yacht you are interested in buying. From yacht builders, to hull types, to the different styles and their uses, there is a vast array of different yacht types available, each with a varying range of wildly different sizes, styles, performance capabilities, purposes and of course budget.
When considering a yacht for purchase, be able to answer the following questions:
- What type of experience and use you are looking for in your ownership?
- Are you interested in a new or used yacht?
- Do you prefer a custom built or semi-custom yacht?
- Are you looking for a high-speed performance weekend boat, or a genuine round-the-world blue water cruising experience?
- What size of yacht are you looking to purchase?
- How are you planning to use your new toy?
You can start by browsing through our yacht type guide (below) to view the different types of yachts available and how they might best suit your requirements.