Copywriter & Marketing Generalist
Office Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Northrop & Johnson Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is seeking an ambitious and experienced full-time Copywriter & Marketing Generalist to join our team. The Copywriter & Marketing Generalist plans, writes and edits content for digital and print media; ensures it is clear and compelling; works with the team to distributed across the web, mobile and social platforms; and adheres to a consistent brand philosophy. He/she will develop a content calendar in collaboration with the marketing team and manage and execute the copy needs.
The Copywriter & Marketing Generalist is responsible for assisting with various administrative, marketing, and process functions. In addition, he/she may be asked to coordinate and monitor progress on various marketing projects, processing invoices and other tasks as deemed necessary by the department. She/he will be expected to support the marketing team during various events and yacht shows, including after-work-hours events and weekends, as needed.
- Write clear, error-free, creative, and compelling copy for various mediums – articles, website pages, emails, newsletters, posters, press releases, display ads, flyers, postcards, social media, etc.
- Conduct thorough research and interviews
- Develop consistent brand voice/messaging for N&J and other brands as required
- Proofread marketing materials for accuracy and to ensure great communications are delivered to our customers
- Partner with marketing team members to learn their roles and be able to provide support with copywriting, proofing, content ideas, project management, and coordination as needed
- Utilize SEO best practices when writing for the website
- Follow brand guidelines to maintain a consistent voice for the brand(s)
- Clearly communicate the progress of projects to the team as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Develop internal team and company communications/documentation.
- Establish and meet deadlines
- Accurate delivery of projects and tasks
- Be highly creative and imaginative
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Excellent time-management, organizational and communication skills
- Support and work on all other tasks deemed necessary to the team’s success
Success in this role will be defined by meeting or exceeding expectations on writing engaging and enticing copy, maintaining a copy and content calendar that is aligned with marketing and business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field preferred
- Minimum three (3) years producing various types of content
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Outstanding customer service
- Flexible schedule
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- HTML skills a plus
- Collaboration and presentation skills
- Proficient in Adobe programs, including but not limited to Photoshop, Bridge, Acrobat, etc.
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics a plus
- Excellent collaboration and presentation skills
- Boating experience a plus