AUDRAIN’s NEWPORT CONCOURS & MOTOR WEEK
Newport: the birthplace of automotive racing in America
Newport, Rhode Island, will host its first Concours and Motor Week October 3 through 6, 2019. This event will welcome the greatest automotive brands, car collections and aviation brands, as well as fine foods, libations and much more. Northrop & Johnson is the exclusive yachting partner of the Concours. As a partner, Northrop & Johnson will be in attendance at the various events throughout the week and will have several yachts in attendance hosting various events as well.
During the Concours event, Newport will provide the backdrop for the greatest cars in the world at different historic locations along the famed Bellevue Avenue. Also offered during the event is an evening concert at the “Concours Village” at the International Tennis Hall of Fame featuring Grammy, Emmy, Golden Globe, Tony and Oscar-winning artist John Legend, and a Tour d’Elegance starting on the Claiborne Pell Newport Bridge and motoring through Newport and along the breathtaking Atlantic Ocean. Finally, the week will be topped off by a memorable gala and the Audrain’s Concours d’Elegance at the spectacular Breakers Mansion where the rarest automobiles in the world will be judged for a chance to win the coveted Willie K. Vanderbilt Trophy.
The chairman of this year’s Audrain’s Newport Concours & Motor Week 2019 is entertainment superstar Jay Leno; the Concours d’Elegance chairman for 2019 is one of the premier automotive experts in the world, TV personality Donald Osborne.
Motor Week at a Glance
- Concours Village at the International Tennis Hall of Fame (ITHOF) featuring vendors, private treaty cars from Gooding & Co., a vintage motorcycle display, the automobile show, food and beverage, official Concours & Motor Week store – Open daily
- Events hosted by luxury auto manufacturers, luxury lifestyle brands and automotive clubs, locations throughout historic Newport – Open daily
- GM prototype exhibition at the Audrain Automobile Museum – Open daily
- Car manufacturer displays and events at historic properties – Open daily
- VIP reception and dinner for car entrants at Ochre Court Mansion – Thursday evening
- Luxury Win Event at Forty 1 North held both at the marina and aboard a Northrop & Johnson luxury yacht – Friday
- “The Gathering” at the famed Doris Duke mansion, Rough Point – Friday
- Symposium/academic panels at Concours Village at the ITHOF – Friday and Saturday
- Audrain’s Motor Week concert in the Concours Village with world-class Grammy-winning performer John Legend – Friday night
- Tour d’Elegance beginning on the famous Newport Bridge, touring around the beautiful coast of Newport – Saturday morning
- Tour luncheon at La Forge Casino restaurant – Saturday
- Audrain Automotive Museum Gala at the Breakers mansion – Saturday evening
- Car Club Gatherings at state and city parks – Thursday through Saturday
- Audrain’s Newport Concours d’Elegance at the stunning Breakers mansion – Sunday
N&J is proud to partner with some of the most exclusive brands in the yachting and luxury sectors, enabling us to offer our clients an elevated level of service and added benefits. We believe that through synergy, we become stronger together.
From jewelry and watches to real estate, aviation, automobiles, must-visit destinations and beyond, discover the latest in luxury news with articles that offer a comprehensive reference guide on all things for an opulent lifestyle.
OFFICES & TEAMS
With offices across the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia, Northrop & Johnson truly is a global superyacht firm. Our dedicated international team of brokers and staff provides our discerning clients with superlative service in all corners of the world.