MAPLE CHAI SOUR COCKTAILS
There’s nothing quite like a cool cocktail at the end of the day — or at any time for that matter; after all, it is always five o’clock somewhere. Relax on board and wet your whistle with a Maple Chai Sour — cheers.
The Maple Chai Sour was created by Stewardesses Carly Benjamin and Katie Leetz of charter yacht I LOVE THIS BOAT. The cocktail (an original recipe) is a take on a whiskey sour, but with sweet ingredients and rum.
The Maple Chai Sour uses buzz flowers to give the drinker a dynamic cocktail experience. The buzz flower numbs certain parts of the mouth, including taste buds, so when someone bites the flower and then tastes the drink a second time, the flavor experience is completely different. Additionally, each drinker will experience a different flavor than the person next to them due to the complexities of the flower’s effect on each individual’s taste buds.
The Maple Chai Sour
- 2 oz AKAL Chai Rum Reserve
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 2 oz egg white 1/2 oz maple syrup
- Shake all ingredients with ice then pour into a chilled martini glass with one tablespoon of blueberry caviar at the bottom (use blueberry syrup as a substitute).
- It is optional to rim the martini glass with maple syrup and sugar.
- Sprinkle top of drink with cinnamon, Angostura bitters and a buzz flower garnish.
How to taste:
- Take a sip.
- Bite the buzz flower (do not swallow the whole thing so as to not overpower the senses — a small bite will do).
- Take a second drink to enjoy what will taste like a whole new cocktail.