2 x SEA DIESEL ENGINES CATERPILLAR MOD. 3516B DITA-SCAC HIGH DISPLACEMENT
- Diesel Cycle: 4 strokes
- Air suction: supercharged and post refrigerated - Injection: direct
- N° of cylinders: 16 “V”
- Bore: 170 mm
- Stroke : 215 mm
- Compression ratio: 14: 1
- Displacement: 78 lt.
- Dry engine weight, Net dry: 10.000 kg (approx)
The engines are compliant with IMO, 1st January 2000, as defined by Regulation 13 of Annex VI to the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships, MARPOL 73/78.
According to IMO TIER III the exhaust plant are provided with a SCR system for the reduction of NOx.
- Rating for the "Unrestricted" service: 1825 bkW equal to 2481 Cv
- The speed of the nominal rotation: 1.600 rpm
REVERSE/REDUCTION GEAR, SHAFTS, AND PROPELLERS
The reverse/reduction gear is connected to the engines through Vulkan elastic couplings of type and characteristics specified by the gears maker.
They are ZF 7541, reduction rate 3,63: 1
2 x propeller shafts in stainless steel
2 x 5 fixed pitch propeller with a diameter 1.700 mm. (DETRA)
Propeller finishing: ISO 484 (1981) Class S
BOW TRANSVERSAL PROPULSION (BOW THRUSTER)
Maker NAIAD Model VT200E
In order to ensure comfort and stability on board, two couples of active stabilizers are fitted. The system is sized for navigation as well as for zero speed conditions.
VT Naiad Marine VTNM 620 [email protected] 3,49 m2 x 4
RUDDERS AND STEERING SYSTEM
- Twin underhung rudders with stainless steel shaft and high resistance steel blade.
- Grade A steel rudder-holes welded to the hull
Rolls Royce steering gear (rotary vane) complete with:
- Two electro-hydraulic rudder actuator of 40 kNm effective torque, for simultaneous or independent steering.
- Max mechanical rudder angle +47° - 47°
- Locking ring assembly, no cone, key or not required.
- Oil expansion tank of 25 liters.
- Start/stop and control system, frequency converter, control panel for desk mounting in the forward bridge console with steering mode selections, non- follow-up push buttons for emergency steering and follow-up controllers for independent and/or simultaneous steering of the rudders, outdoor panels for desk mounting in the bridge wing console.
- Alarm system with a panel for desk mounting in an engine control room and bridge console.