This yacht is currently not for sale with Northrop & Johnson. This page is for informational purposes only – to view our current listings, please click here.
Likely the best of the ever-popular Golden Bay series, LUMIERE has 6 staterooms and an excellent charter record. She has been lovingly maintained and has had a full W6 service on her MTU main engines as well as significant upgrades to her mechanical and engine room systems and navigation and communication equipment. She has a light, bright and airy interior, fantastic sundeck and garaged tenders.
SOTAVENTO is a 50m (164ft) Benetti. She is the fourth in their very successful Golden Bay series. SOTAVENTO is a fine example of this company’s Italian flair and elegance in design. She was designed and built to be able to undertake long cruises and charters in the Mediterranean, Caribbean, and other exotic areas. Accordingly, this large motor yacht provides every possible comfort and luxury. Her interior styling is by Stefano Natucci and features the use of exceptional materials and highly original details. Sanded and vibrant honey-colored oak burl has been used for the yacht’s furniture and paneling and the bathrooms are finished in lovely marbles, and honey onyx.
Stepping aboard via the starboard side hydraulic passerelle, the inviting open aft deck has a full-beam cushioned bench seating, 4 wicker armchairs, a glass-topped coffee table and 2 wicker tables.
Underfoot are new 100% pure wool custom-made carpets. To port is a marble-topped bar with 3 bar stools. Just forward are two sofas with a glass-topped and intricate metalwork coffee table. External light is controlled by the 2 sets of blinds (2 different thicknesses), electrically operated.
Forward and open to the main salon is the dining room with a glass-topped dining table capable of seating 12 guests. Through a door to port is the main deck pantry with a dishwasher, sink, icemaker and small desk and chair. Forward is the fully equipped professional galley. The starboard passage forward from the dining room leads to the foyer. There is a day head off the hall just before double doors that lead to the master suite. The master suite also has an office with couch, desk and two chairs.
A sliding door leads through to the full beam suite from the office. A centrally positioned king-sized bed is centered with TV aft. An armchair and footstool to are port. Large oval windows flood the area with natural light. There is extensive wardrobe space with 2 double hanging closets at port and starboard doors through to the full-beam bathroom. The stunning marble and onyx bathroom comprise his and hers washbasins, WC, bidet, rain head shower and central Jacuzzi bath. There is a dressing table to port, and gold fittings throughout.
The four (4) spacious guest suites on the lower deck are accessed via a staircase from the foyer. There are 2 identical queen suites and 2 identical twin suites. The double suites are comprised of a queen bed, couch, dressing table and full height wardrobe. Their bathrooms feature bathtub, WC and washbasin. The twin suites have a dropdown pullman berth in each and the ensuite bathrooms feature a shower, WC and washbasin.
Taking the marble staircase up from the foyer leads to the bridge deck that leads to the navigation station and wheelhouse. The wheelhouse has 2 helm chairs and a central black leather bench settee for guests. Aft of the staircase leads to the fifth guest suite and sky lounge. The guest suite can be either a twin or a double. Generously sized with dressing table and hanging wardrobe and fantastic views. The bathroom has a shower, WC and washbasin. The sky lounge has its own separate day head.
The full-beam sky lounge has two large sofas with 2 coffee tables. In addition, a card table with 2 chairs and a bar with ice maker and small sink. A pop-up TV is between the port and starboard doors leading out to the aft bridge deck.
The bridge deck pantry features dishwasher, dumb waiter, sink, coffee machine, microwave, fridge and, 2 Eurocave wine fridges. The crew can access the sundeck from here via a sliding hatch for unobtrusive service, and there is also a dumb waiter.
The bridge deck offers a choice of spaces the Portuguese bridge with semi-circular seating and a coffee table forward with four lounge chairs, or the aft deck which offers a shaded dining table for up to 12 guests. There is a full-beam cushioned settee aft and footstools around.
A wide and shallow staircase on the port side leads up to the sun deck. The sundeck features sweeping deck spaces that are nicely separated and very functional as either entertaining areas or relaxation areas.
Forward is a raised large sun pad area with unobstructed 360-degree views. Midway is a Jacuzzi, adjacent to the marble-topped bar with sink, 2 fridges, and a grill/BBQ. Under the arch is a dining table with 5 chairs on one side and fixed cushioned bench seating on the other. The aft end of the sun deck has a raised area with double sun loungers, chairs and tables, all in teak. There is a large-format daylight television on the aft sundeck.
The foredeck houses the smaller tender and 2 wave runners all launched using the 0.6-ton crane. A spacious bosun’s locker also has escape hatches from the master suite and crew cabins. The guest tender is housed in the aft garage and launched by the 1.7 ton overhead gantry crane. The transom opens to form a substantial swim platform with fantastic water access.
MAIN DECK: The full-beam master suite is on deck with king-size bed. 'His and hers' bathrooms with Jacuzzi bath and shower is full beam forward.
LOWER DECK: There are four (4) guest staterooms on the lower deck. There are two queen bed staterooms and two twin-bed staterooms, all with en-suites. There is a pullman berth in each twin stateroom.
UPPER DECK: There is a day room on the upper deck that can be converted into a guest stateroom (either double or twin) with en-suite bathroom with shower.
CREWS QUARTERS: Captain’s double cabin with en-suite shower, sink and WC on the bridge deck Five (5) upper and lower berth crew cabins, all with en-suite bathrooms with shower on the lower deck.
• RTI controls & unify routers • Wi-Fi throughout vessel and outer decks Cisco N routers DVD library • Apple TV • SKY & Direct TV receivers • 1 x Wii systems/ 1 x PS2 • Master Cabin: 42" Flatscreen • VIP Cabin: 30" LG Flatscreen • Guest Cabins: 4 x 20" Flatscreen • Sky Lounge: 42" Flatscreen • Sun Deck: Large Daylight TV • Captain's Cabin: 30" Flatscreen
Communication Equipment • SAT Com • VSAT high-speed internet • Panasonic PABX telephone system • VOIP VSAT telephone line • Sailor CU5100 MF VHF Fixed SSB • 2 x Raymarine RAY240E VHF • 2 x Sailor VHF • 2 x ICOM VHF Handheld • 14 x ICOM UFH Handheld • 2 x Nokia GSM Cellular phone system • Panasonic Intercom
Navigation Systems Displays: • Palladium Glass Bridge with 24” LED Bonded Glass Display • 2 x 15” Multi-Touch Displays • 7” Sunlight readable touchscreen • 7” Widescreen SVGA monitor • 2 x Apple Mac Mini
Radar: • 2 x Furuno 21XX series black box Radar/ARPA • 1 ‘X’ Band and 1 ‘S’ Band • Gyrocompass: Sperry Mk 10 • Satellite Compass: Furuno SC50 • Repeater Display: C Plath • Multifunction Display:B&G H3000 Multifunction nav display system (position, winds, depth, speedlog, etc.) with displays on the bridge, wing stations, and captain’s cabin • Autopilot: LMP STA Adaptive Autopilot • Depth Sounder: Furuno FCV 581L • GPS: Furuno GP-150 • DGPAS: Furuno GP-37 • Inmarsat: Thrane & Thrane 250 Fleet Broadband (2011) • Sat C: Furuno Felcom 15 with Skanti PRN9000 printer • Data: Sat C, Nero SAT voice and data • MF/HF Transceiver: Sailor TU5150 with CU5100 Control Unit / DSC • Weather FAX: JRC JAX-9A • Speed Indicator: EM200 • Navtex: Furuno NX5-00 • AIS: Furuno FA-100
• Main Engines 2 x MTU 12V396TE941, 680kw each 2,226HP W6 in 2016 • Engine Hours 10500 since W6 major overhaul as of 7/2019 • Transmissions ZF with auxiliary oil pumps • Propulsion 2 x direct-drive propeller shafts with oil bath shaft seals • Output 308V/50Hz • Generators 2x Northern Lights (Alaska Diesel) 155kw (installed 2011) • Generator Hours 16,5000 hrs. as of 7/2019 Both just completed the 15,000 overhaul
• Air Conditioning 3 x Aqua Air chiller units • Air Compressors 2 x new 2016 • Bow Thruster VT Naiad • Fresh Water Maker 2 x HEM (2 x 500 liters/hours) • Fuel System Alfa Laval • Fuel Filters Racor • Oily Water Separator DVZ oily water separator • Sewage Treatment System Hamman Sewage Treatment Plant • Toilet System Jets vacuum • Stabilizers VT Naiad, (not zero speed) • Steering System Jastram Hydraulics with electric pumps • 6 x Under Water Lights • Helm/Control Stations Bridge and two wings
• Anchor Windlass System 2 x vertical anchor windlasses on foredeck • Aft Warping Capstans 2 x mooring capstans on aft deck • Boat Crane Motarmar 600kg foredeck crane with wireless remote control (1700kg garage crane with wireless remote control) • Davit Nautical Structures davit on foredeck • Passarelle Opacmare hydraulic • Accommodation Ladders Marquip boarding ladder (for use on port or starboard quarter) • BSC Marine hydraulic boarding ladder on starboard side • Spotlights Jabsco • Jacuzzi • Paint Exterior Awlgrip 2013
• Fuel Capacity 19,813 US Gallons (75,000 Liters) • Water Capacity 3,265 US Gallons (12,360 Liters) • Watermakers 264 US Gallons p/d (1,000 Liters p/d) • Lube Oil 317 US Gallons (1,200 Liters) • Waste Oil 317 US Gallons (1,200 Liters) • Grey Water 608 US Gallons (2,300 Liters) • Black Water 502 US Gallons (1,900 Liters)
• Maximum 16 kts @2,100 rpm • Cruising 13 kts @1,400 rpm • Economical 12 kts @ 1,250 rpm • Range 3,500 nm at 1,250 rpm, consuming 250 lph
Main Galley Equipment Cooking Equipment • 2 x Space combi ovens (2018) • 6 x Induction hobs • 1 x Induction wok • 1 x Zanussi deep fat fryer • 2 x Microwave ovens
Refrigeration/Freezer • 2 x Day refrigerators in galley • 1 x Walk-in refrigerator • 1 x Walk-in Condaria freezer
Other • 2 x Icemakers • Dumbwaiter from lower pantry to upper pantry and sundeck
Main Laundry Equipment • 3 x Washing machines • 3 x Dryers (Miele)
• Cameras Panasonic cameras (installed 2011), DVR, UPS, 15” LCD monitor on the bridge and a 17” LCD monitor in the crew mess • Video surveillance on main deck • Charts Transas 4000 ECDIS program • with worldwide chart folio includes a 480mm Simrad multifunction • LCD display • Ship’s Safe Owners stateroom and Captain’s cabin • Firefighting equipment exceeds Class requirements • Fire Control System Autronica Fire Detection system with gas alarm panel for garage • Portable CO2 Class approved • Engine room Halon • Alarms L.Y.M.S. systems monitor & alarm system displayed on a 380mm touchscreen LCD display • Life Rafts 2 x 20-person life rafts • 6 x Life Rings • EPIRBS Yes • 2 x SARTs • SAT Phone 1 x handheld Iridium phone • GPS 1 x handheld Garmin GPS • Flares 2 x fullset • Searchlights 2 x Jabsco searchlights • Lighting Emergency lighting including embarkation lights (installed 2011) • Horn Kahlenberg • Medical Equipment Safety Equipment as required by Lloyds and Marshall Islands • 4 x line throwing rockets
• Main Tender 6-meter (19’ 08”) Novurania Equator RIB with 250hp turbo diesel engine and Mercruiser Bravo III sterndrive • Rescue Tender 4.5-meter (14’04”) Novurania RIB with 60 hp Yamaha outboard • 2 x Sea-Doo jet skis • Bauer Capitano 100 lpm scuba air compressor • Snorkeling equipment • Water skis • Wakeboards • Kids kneeboard and wakeboard • Towable toys
Since purchasing SOTAVENTO (ex LUMIERE) in 2013, her current owners have invested a significant amount in upgrades and overhaul of the yacht, including the following:
• W5 on engines completed November 2019 • New Teak on the aft deck and general maintenance to all other areas • OverHead panels in the interior replaced where needed • New A/C chillers • Cap Rails Varnished • Marble and Onyx polished • W-6 overhaul of both main engines, winter 2015/2016 • New main engine exhausts 2016 with polished SS shields • Full paint job on all machinery • A-5 overhaul of both transmissions • Entirely new perforated engine room sheeting for noise insulation • New Alpha Laval • New electric motors on watermakers • New stabilizer cooling pumps • New stabilizer hydraulic pumps • New clean oil transfer pump • New dirty oil transfer pump • Rebuilt fire pump • Rebuilt bilge pump • Rebuilt freshwater pumps • New freshwater filtering units • New freshwater accumulator • New air compressors • New air conditioning compressors • Installation of Palladium Glass Bridge • Interior upgrades • Stabilizer upgrades • 15-year Lloyds Class renewal • Redesign and rework of sun deck
• Propeller dismantled, dynamic balance, installation, propspeed paint applied • Fabrication of one new rudder as requested by class • Overboard vent grills removed and painted • Service anchor windlasses and capstan • Generators overhauled electrical and mechanical parts • Transom door sleeves lock pins, dismantling the door sleeve lock pins, check cylinder, reinstalled and calibrated. • Stabilizers serviced, dismantled the hydraulic and mechanicals parts, hoses replaced, bearings etc. • Bow thruster serviced • Main stern gangway overhauled • All valves have been replaced • Sandblasting the bottom hull, antifouling applied • Recaulking the windows • Superstructure painted with matt black • Galley floor replaced • Shaft lines dismantled • Fanextraction from Engine room replaced • Sea chest exhaust valves replaced • Thickness test • Megger test • Annual safety equipment serviced • Radio survey • Installation of a new MF unit in the radio room • Magnetic compass calibration and new deviation table • Fire alarm system updated • Horn serviced • Annual survey to rescue crane • Insulation around the raiser in main engines • Alignment test on shafts • MTU Borescope inspection • New zincs • Sensor on anchor hatch replaced • Mirror in VIP cabin replaced • Guest tender serviced and paint repair, propeller replaced • Paddle wheel from speed sensor replaced • Starboard stairs repainted • Polished entire boat • Bow table marble replaced • Anchor plate polishing • Shaft lines sealed and oil replaced • Rudder system cleaning and check all components
ASK OUR EXPERIENCED SALES BROKERS ABOUT THIS YACHT
Related Yachts for Sale
Northrop & JohnsonSuperyacht Sales Brokers
Would you like to get more information about SOTAVENTO (X-LUMIERE)? Our Brokers are standing by to help.
Complete the form below and one of our experienced sales brokers will be in touch soon.
We appreciate your interest in SOTAVENTO (X-LUMIERE). One of our experience sales brokers will be in touch soon.