The167-foot (51m) NORTHERN SUN is a long-range displacement expedition vessel, previously known as the Japanese ice-class marine research vessel HOKKO MARU, launched in 1976 by the Japanese shipyard Narasaki Shipbuilding.
From 2005 to 2008, the vessel underwent a complete conversion, transforming her into a luxury superyacht.
NORTHERN SUN’s impressive leisure and entertainment facilities make her the ideal charter yacht for socializing and entertaining with family and friends. Built with steel hull and aluminum superstructure, she features an ultra-modern stabilization system to reduce roll motion effect and ensure the ultimate comfort throughout your charter vacation. NORTHERN SUN can accommodate up to 12 guests in six well-appointed staterooms, including three doubles and three twins.
Her main deck has direct access to the salon and boasts a massive partially shaded aft area, ideal for relaxing or entertaining, alfresco dining option, followed by central access steps to the extended swim platform and fabulous assortment of water toys.
2019/2020 Season. Rates p/week + expenses
- Well maintained by a friendly and professional crew of 10
- Extensive array of water toys available
- Run by twin Yanmar 6G-UT diesel engines reaching a maximum speed of 13 knots and a cruising speed of 10.5 knots
- Classic, elegant formal dining room
- Three entertainment salons
- 12,000nm cruising range
Tenders & Toys
- 1 x 23ft rigid jet engine tender - 6 guests + driver
- 1 x 23ft RIB tender - 6 guests + driver
- 2 x Laser sailing dinghies
- 4 x SeaBobs
- 5 x diver propulsion vehicles
- 6 x scuba equipment
- 10 x Kayaks 4 double and 6 single
- 1 x Awake electric surfboard
- 3 x wakeboards
- 2 x doughnuts
- 4 x rigid stand up paddle boards
- 1 x set water ski
- 1 x 5.5m inflatable slide (two decks high - from bridge deck)
- Jet ski can be hired
- Diving Gear
- Dive locker with compressor, tanks & equipment however rendezvous diving arranged.