Born of a pioneering spirit in 1844, Penfolds has manifested a lasting legacy of patience, commitment, courage and passion. We are the proud product of our great winemaking past, of our founders Mary and Christopher Penfold who brought grapes to the bountiful Australian soil and sunshine, and our innovative greats; Alfred Vesey, Ray Beckwith and Max Schubert, celebrated winemaking legends who pushed liquid development to extraordinary new heights. It is with this pioneering spirit and curiosity from our custodian winemakers that this still rings true after nearly two centuries. Penfolds honors and celebrates these traditional winemaking values, as we cultivate great new traditions for the next generations. Today, 177 years on, this legacy continues, and the house remains one of Australia’s most revered … now and “evermore.”
• Penfolds 2015 Grange Awarded Robb Report’s Top Wine in their Best of the Best Annual Rating
• Penfolds is the only Australian Winery to receive 100-point scores from Wine Spectator (US) and Wine Advocate (US) for the same vintage (2008 Grange), and Grange is one of only 12 wines to achieve 100-point scores from both for the same vintage.
• Of Grange vintages 2008 to present, 7 of 9 have been awarded 100-point scores from global critics.
• Awarded more 90-point scores than any new-world winery.
• World’s Most Admired Wine Brand 2016 and 2019 from Drinks International Magazine.
• Wine & Spirits Magazine awarded Penfolds, Winery of the Year honors 28 times, more than any other winery in the world.