The role of the Charter Manager is to allow Owners to enjoy the revenue generated from chartering out their yachts without the headaches of marketing the vessel or dealing with enquiries and bookings.
The Charter Manager is responsible for effectively addressing and handling these aspects of yacht chartering, developing the business efficiently and successfully, and supporting other N&J activities, sales brokers and clients.
Main Accountabilities and Duties
- Keep clients satisfied with the quality of services.
- Provide accurate and timely reports for each vessel.
- Help manage department budget effectively.
- Retain current yachts, whilst growing the fleet.
- Keep Senior Management up-to-date on contracts, business, changes and issues.
- Implement company policy for department staff
- Work closely with other N&J Charter Managers and communicate with them on issues, developments, projects and targets.
- Provide rapid and effective response to any issue.
- Make sure that clients are informed of any issues and changes in maritime laws and regulations.
- Regularly visit and inspect yachts under management.
- Ensure that all requirements for commercial operations are met.
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients, captains and other brokers.
- Provide proforma budgets for broker’s sales presentations
- Generate contacts in order to develop new business for N&J.
- Assist in presentations to prospective clients.
- Prepare presentations for prospective Central Agency yachts.
- Liaise with N&J brokers to keep them up -to-date with owner’s plans/wishes.
- Travel as required for client meetings, inspections and Management Meetings.
- Report to N&J Senior Management on request.
Knowledge and Experience
- Organized, with ability to keep multiple projects going at once.
- Ability to deal with people and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to understand client requirements, expectations and issues.
- Extensive knowledge of the charter business.
- Ability to be dependable, reliable and consistent in work, service and in meeting deadlines.
- Tenacity, patience and the ability to work in stressful situations under pressure.
- Ability to be politically correct and diplomatic with clients, captains, retail brokers and fellow staff where needed.
- Ability to communicate and listen.
- Ability to make decisions and be aware of their consequences.
- Ability to solve problems and identify where problems can arise / escalate into major issues.
- Ability to react and deal with emergency situations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of yacht operational standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Flag regulations for major Flag States.
- Knowledge of tax and maritime laws.
- Thorough understanding of standard yacht charter business practice and procedures.
- Familiarity with standard industry documents.
- Knowledge of maritime logistics, financial and crew matters
- Familiarity with basic financial management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, possibly in various languages
- Marketing experience.
- Business and/or Marketing Degree.
- Extensive yachting experience, possibly on charter yachts
- 5+ years experience as a Charter Manager or related role.
*MarineMax and its subsidiaries uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.