KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
Office Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reporting to the Managing Director of N&J Media, the position involves day-to-day coordination of current Strategic Partnerships, advertising and marketing programs. Responsible for program review, communication (internal/external), and fulfillment of program deliverables including print, online and event activities. Development of tracking and measurement reports with the goal of retaining advertisers and Strategic Partners by providing turn-key programs which deliver strong ROI and high value brand exposure to a unique UHNW audience. Role also involves competitive research, identifying new media prospects and sales outreach to promote N&J Media programs.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT / ACTIVATION / RETENTION
- Responsible for day-to-day management of existing partnership programs including contract activation, program coordination and fulfillment, monitoring of status and development of reports to track progress and measure results.
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business issues and serving as an internal advocate
- Monitor and track status of strategic partner contracts and advertising agreements. Communicate advertising deadlines, ad specs and program guidelines to clients and coordinate with marketing to ensure timely delivery of creative materials and adherence to guidelines.
- Develop internal communications strategy to ensure all N&J departments are aware of partnerships, understand the importance of the programs and buy-in to support the campaigns.
- Coordinate pre-event logistics of all partners for boat shows and custom events.
- Coordinates with N&J Marketing team to oversee all partnership deliverables during boat shows and events (i.e. signage, print, promotional, event elements, etc.) to ensure quality standards and that client expectations are met.
- Work with MD and market intelligence to develop destination/segment reports to assist sales efforts. Coordinate with brokerage teams to compile “testimonials” and success stories from N&J clients who have engaged with N&J media platforms.
- Work with MD to develop reports to measure campaign results for pre and post campaign analysis and Event ROI.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, charter, brokerage and outside vendors to ensure successful implementation of advertising and partnership programs
- Review competitive publications, websites and media platforms to identify potential advertisers and strategic partners. Compile list of companies and identify decision makers and contact information for sales outreach.
- Sales outreach to assigned business prospects for print/online advertising and event sponsorships – approximately 25% of time.
- Track and maintain N&J Media client database and magazine comp list to ensure accuracy.
- College Degree (preferably in Marketing or Management) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Sales, Marketing and/or Events activation.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities and projects while working with many categories of clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills. Proven ability to multi-task and manage projects on deadlines.
- Possess high degree of discretion and professionalism. Professional image and demeanor.
- In-depth knowledge of the luxury market and superyacht market a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the industry, rules, regulations, standard business practices and ethics a plus
- In-depth knowledge of publishing, media and partnerships a plus
DIFFICULTIES & CONSTRAINTS OF THE POSITION
The candidate will work closely with a global client base, potentially in different time zones and needs to be available to deal with enquiries and requests.
- Highly organized
- High integrity, honesty & thoughtfulness
- Capacity to handle multiple clients, contracts, projects and enquiries at once
- Extremely efficient and energetic, self-starter attitude
- Great presentation & networking skills required
- Capacity to close deals and execute targets
- Ability to work in a team and motivate others
- Must be willing to travel