Charter Retail Assistant
Office Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Charter Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties to support the Charter Retail Department, ensuring the smooth flow of information and following up any secretarial activities related to the whole yacht charter process: From client communications to inventory promotion and marketing, to help with all other charter related files, contracts and documents. In his/her role as the Assistant to the team, he/she will also be responsible for ensuring flawless communication, travel schedules and managing the calendar and meeting schedules.
- Assist the Charter Brokers to create presentations and itineraries.
- Help the charter team with day-to-day charter activities and inquiries.
- Assist the Charter Brokers in their general tasks to generate new business and ensure top service levels towards our clients.
- Assist Charter Brokers to deal with Clients / Captains / Charter Managers/ Yacht agents/Ports.
- Assist the Charter Brokers with pulling market data from the yachting MLS system.
- Answer the telephone, meet and greet clients and prospective clients when required.
- Help arrange travel plans and accommodation.
- Work in close collaboration with the marketing department in general.
- Work in close collaboration with the accounting team.
- Attend and represent the company at Yacht Shows and Open Days.
- Support the marketing team by editing and organizing relevant information and work closely with the design team.
- Prepare customized marketing presentations, marketing plans, flyers, etc. in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Assist in the planning of charter shows (Barcelona, Antigua).
- Prepare charter details and work on contracts for the charter department.
- Draft letters, review documents and materials.
- Compile monthly Charter Client E-Blasts.
- Set up mailings for clients.
- Upkeep of charter & client databases.
- Miscellaneous duties as requested.
- Ordering and stocking the charter department with all necessary stationery and housekeeping products.
- Language Skills: bilingual a plus
- Working knowledge to yachting MLS systems and tools
- Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe (Basic Photoshop, PDF), and Internet
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the yachting industry a plus
- Excellent grammar and typing skills a must
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Working hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm Mondays to Fridays. Due to seasonality and trade shows the charter assistant will occasionally be required to stay later in the office and sometimes work on weekends.
- Well-presented and businesslike
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Self-motivated & self-driven
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Ability to follow precise procedures
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work for different people at once, prioritize and multi-task
- Ease in interacting with people and handling teamwork