Charter Retail Assistant
Office Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Charter Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties to support the Charter Retail Department, ensuring the smooth flow of information and following up any secretarial activities related to the whole yacht charter process: From client communications to inventory promotion and marketing, to help with all other charter related files, contracts and documents. In his/her role as the Assistant to the team, he/she will also be responsible for ensuring flawless communication, travel schedules and managing the calendar and meeting schedules.
- Assist the Charter Brokers to create presentations and itineraries.
- Help the charter team with day-to-day charter activities and inquiries.
- Assist the Charter Brokers in their general tasks to generate new business and ensure top service levels towards our clients.
- Assist Charter Brokers to deal with Clients / Captains / Charter Managers/ Yacht agents/Ports.
- Assist the Charter Brokers with pulling market data from the yachting MLS system.
- Answer the telephone, meet and greet clients and prospective clients when required.
- Help arrange travel plans and accommodation.
- Work in close collaboration with the marketing department in general.
- Work in close collaboration with the accounting team.
- Attend and represent the company at Yacht Shows and Open Days.
- Support the marketing team by editing and organizing relevant information and work closely with the design team.
- Prepare customized marketing presentations, marketing plans, flyers, etc. in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Assist in the planning of charter shows (Barcelona, Antigua).
- Prepare charter details and work on contracts for the charter department.
- Draft letters, review documents and materials.
- Compile monthly Charter Client E-Blasts.
- Set up mailings for clients.
- Upkeep of charter & client databases.
- Miscellaneous duties as requested.
- Ordering and stocking the charter department with all necessary stationery and housekeeping products.
- Language Skills: bilingual a plus
- Working knowledge to yachting MLS systems and tools
- Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe (Basic Photoshop, PDF), and Internet
- Experience in the yachting industry a plus
- Excellent grammar and typing skills a must
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Working hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Mondays to Fridays. Due to seasonality and trade shows the charter assistant will occasionally be required to stay later in the office and sometimes work on weekends.
- Well-presented and businesslike
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Self-motivated & self-driven
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Ability to follow precise procedures
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work for different people at once, prioritize and multi-task
- Ease in interacting with people and handling teamwork