Charter MANAGEMENT Assistant
Office Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Charter Management Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties to support the Charter Marketing/Management department, ensuring the smooth flow of information and following up any secretarial activities related to the whole yacht charter process: from daily activities of supporting the functions of potential and current charter bookings to assisting with the planning and upkeep of marketing function for central agency yachts. In his/her role as the assistant to the team, he/she will also be responsible for ensuring flawless communication, travel schedules, managing the calendar and meeting schedules.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the charter fleet’s online presence.
- Organization and management of yacht files and folders.
- Assist the charter managers to create presentations and itineraries.
- Help the charter team with day-to-day charter activities and inquiries.
- Answer the telephone, stand-in for receptionist, and meet and greet clients when required.
- Help arrange travel plans and accommodation.
- Assist charter managers in communicating with clients / Captains / Charter Brokers/ Yacht agents/Ports.
- Learn the overall communications between Manager & Owner, Manager & Captain, Manager & broker
- Learn the general communications about the booking process.
- Assist the Charter Managers with market data research, collection and analysis through the Charter MLS system.
- Assist with business development and creating charter proposals for prospective yachts.
- Work in close collaboration with the accounting team.
- Work in close collaboration with the accounting team to handle the administration of quarterly payment of charter tax.
- Work in close collaboration with the marketing department by reviewing and editing relevant charter related documents.
- Work in close collaboration with the marketing and design team to prepare customized marketing presentations, boat show documents and yacht marketing documents
- Create, edit and send out customized yacht flyers
- Compile monthly Charter CA update.
- Handle the planning of charter events, such as open houses, familiarization trips and charter shows.
- Attend and represent the company at Yacht Shows and Open Days.
- Prepare contract details, write up contracts, review and approve on behalf of the Charter Manager.
- Draft letters, review documents and materials.
- Manage client, owner and industry-related contacts in the CRM.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties on behalf of other departments, as requested.
- Ensuring the Charter Management department is stocked on all needed office supplies.
- Language Skills: bilingual a plus
- Working knowledge to yachting MLS systems and tools
- Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe (Basic Photoshop, PDF), and Internet
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the yachting industry a plus
- Excellent grammar and typing skills a must
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Working hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm Mondays to Fridays. Due to seasonality and trade shows the charter assistant will occasionally be required to stay later in the office and sometimes work on weekends.
- Well-presented and businesslike.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated & self-driven.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to follow precise procedures.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work for different people at once, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ease in interacting with people and handling teamwork.
- Flexibility and availability when working at yacht shows and the company’s events.