Office locations: Fort Lauderdale
Reports to: COO, Commercial Director & Office Manager
Experience level: 5 or more years as a PA or Sales Assistant
The Sales Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties to support the team of Sales Brokers, ensuring the smooth flow of information and following up any secretarial activities related to the whole yacht sale process: From the central agencies’ promotion and marketing to the completion of a sale. In his/her role he/she will also be responsible for personal duties, emails, travel schedules and managing the calendar and meeting schedules.
- Keep the respective Sales Brokers up to date and focused
- Keeping up to date all the public information, such as technical details, photos, sales status, location of the central agency yachts listed by the Sales Broker.
- Keeping up to date all the information of the Sales Broker’s client portfolios.
- Following up and keeping a record of all enquiries related to the Sales Broker’s central agency yachts.
- Producing periodic reports on the central agencies activities to help the Sales Broker report to his clients.
- Assisting the Sales Broker whenever needed.
- Covering general office duties whenever needed.
- Sending periodic updates to the yachting industry about the Sales Broker’s central agency yachts.
- Acknowledging and following accurately all the procedures related to incoming enquiries.
- Acknowledging and following accurately all the procedures related to contract signing (central agencies and sales), including gathering documents to comply with due diligence requirements.
- Managing brokerage advertising, according to the Sales Broker’s requirements.
- Handle all Central Agency preparation, documentation and administration for the Sales Broker.
- Handle all Due Diligence procedures.
- Prepare yacht specifications and enter all data in various databases.
- Liaise with the marketing department for any update of information.
- Manage the Photo Library of each Central Agency yacht of the Sales Broker.
- Prepare draft descriptions for each Central Agency yacht of the Sales Broker.
- Create brochures and other required yacht marketing documentation for use on website and database.
- Follow up on any changes to yacht data and information to keep details up to date (website, databases).
- Manage advertising and the selection of yachts to be advertised as advised by the Sales Broker.
- Prepare marketing materials and communicate to external Brokers and clients.
- Log and manage enquiries of all Central Agency yachts of the Sales Broker.
- Organize yacht inspections when required by external Brokers and/or clients.
- Attend yacht shows and open days, with preparation of relevant documentation for each yacht displayed.
- Manage client database and prepare yacht selections and mailings as instructed by the Sales Broker.
- Prepare all administrative documentation for sale or purchase, including Due Diligence reports.
- Answer the phone, transfer calls and manage any enquiry as per procedures established.
- Help handle reception duties when the receptionist is unavailable.
- Manage Sales Broker’s inbox - file emails into appropriate folders, delete junk and flyers.
- Ensure timely response to important emails.
- Respond to clients, captains, brokers, etc. and N&J staff emails in Sales Broker’s "voice".
- Make travel arrangements, including personal travel.
- Constantly be up to speed with clients the Sales Broker is working on, learn industry names.
- Arrange weekly sales briefings with Sales Broker.
- Handle any other reasonable work related and personal items requested by the Sales Broker.
- Handle all closing procedures for the respective Sales Broker.
- Well-presented and businesslike.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated & self-driven.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to follow precise procedures.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work for different people at once, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ease in interacting with people and handling teamwork.
- Flexibility and availability when working at yacht shows and company’s events.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Language Skills: Bilingual a plus.
- Closing experience required.
- Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe (Basic Photoshop, PDF), and Internet.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in the yachting industry a must.
- Excellent grammar and typing skills a must.